If you have an event at Robbins Farm Park or in the neighborhood and would like to post it here on the web site, or are interested in volunteering to hel
p out at one of our events, please get in touch with us at: email@example.com
FRIENDS OF ROBBINS FARM PARK EVENTS CALENDAR
- CANCELLED: Due To Wet Conditions
Spring Cleanup & Kite Day — Saturday, May 4th, 9am
- Bring your trowels, rakes, leaf rakes, shovels and pruning shears and meet your neighbors at the Park! And while we’re there, we’ll celebrate the crocus, daffodils and tulips planted at Robbins Farm Park last fall! At 1pm, bring your kites as well and hope for good wind at one of the area’s best kite-flying locations. If you come early and help in the cleanup, you’ll get a free kite.At 1 pm, bring your kites as well and hope for good wind at one of the area’s best kite-flying locations.
FoRFP Volunteer Dick Harmer, our neighborhood “Kite Man,” will bring his fantastic collection of colorful kites to share with the kids and will provide instruction.
- ? Rockin’ Robbins Concert — TENTATIVE DATE: Saturday, June 22nd (Afternoon)?, (rain date: Saturday, June 23rd? The concert is FREE thanks to the generosity of the bands, which both feature some performers who live in the park neighborhood. This is a great event for all ages. We encourage people to bring a picnic dinner.
- ? Animation Festival — TENTATIVE DATE: Saturday, June 22nd (Evening)?, (rain date: Saturday, June 23rd? An evening outdoor festival showcasing local animated work for all ages. Animated shorts will be projected on an outdoor screen. The films will start at 8:30pm when the sun has set. Bring a picnic and blanket, buy some food from our vendors, and enjoy the night!
The event is presented by Arlington Community Media Inc, Arlington Center for the Arts, The Friends of Robbins Farm Park, and Arlington International Film Festival.
Independence Day Celebration — Monday, July 4th, 6 pm On the 4th of July, Arlington will again celebrate America’s birthday in style at Robbins Farm Park.There will be music, musical entertainment provided by the The Reminisants, and of course, the Boston Pops Orchestra and Fireworks on the giant screen (fireworks start at 10:30pm). The event is free and open to all.Food and refreshments will be available for sale at modest prices to help support the event.
- ? Harvard Alumni Jazz Band Concert — Tentatively Thursday, July 18th, 6:30 pm Join us on for a free jazz concert by the Alumni Jazz Band, a 17-piece jazz big band with members from Arlington and surrounding communities. Enjoy the music of Count Basie, Charles Mingus, Miles Davis, and many others! This eighth annual concert is FREE thanks to the generosity of the band, which includes neighborhood resident Allen Feinstein. This is a great event for all ages. We encourage people to bring your own picnic dinner.
- Shakespeare in the Park — DATE TO BE DETERMINED The Friends of Robbins Farm Park are again pleased to co-sponsor another summer Shakespeare performance. Shakespeare’s “Measure for Measure” will be performed by the Commonwealth Shakespeare Company’s Apprentice Program.
NOTE: This year’s play will take place at Menotomy Rocks Park. See details at Friends of Menotomy Rocks Park
- ? Classical Concert (Arlington Philharmonic Orchestra) —- Tentatively Sat Aug 24? Join us for a free classical music concert with performers from the Arlington Philharmonic Orchestra with members from Arlington and surrounding communities. The concert is FREE and features music by a variety of composers. This is a great event for all ages. We encourage people to bring their own picnic dinner.
- Town Day — Saturday, September 14th, 10am to 3pm Come by the FORFP booth and say hello!
- Annual Field Day — Saturday, October 26th, 1pm to 5pm This family-oriented event will include old-fashioned races (3-legged, egg-on-the spoon, sack race, etc.) and a nature scavenger hunt. Moon walks, face painting, and seasonal refreshments will be available for a nominal charge.
- Fall Cleanup & Bulb Planting — Saturday, November 9th, 9am to 12pm Join your friends and neighbors to get the park ready for winter (and spring)!
OTHER EVENTS AT ROBBINS FARM PARK
- Astronomy Nights with Jeff Alexander — Explore the wonders of the deep sky! Use the summer constellations to learn to locate deep sky objects like star clusters, galaxies, and nebulas. Some of these objects can even be spotted with binoculars on a dark night, so bring a pair if you have them! Click here for details.
- Fido Fest Sponsored by A-Dog — TENTATIVE DATE August 3, 3pm to 5pm (Rain date, Aug. 4th) 2nd annual Event sponsored by the Arlington Dog Owners Group and ACMi. Fido Fest is Greater Boston’s only video festival that celebrates lovable dogs and their loyal humans. All are welcome to submit homemade videos of your hard working, funny, and quirky dogs. On Saturday, August 3rd, join your friends and family to watch your blockbuster videos outside on the big screen while munching on popcorn and enjoying a night under the stars.
(All event details subject to change and to approval by the Arlington Recreation Department)
This year’s calendar will be updated as events are planned.