- Spring Clean-Up Day ——- Saturday, April 28th, 9am to Noon (Rain Date April 29th)
Bring your trowels, rakes, leaf rakes, shovels and pruning shears and meet your neighbors at the Park! And while we’re there, we’ll celebrate the crocus, daffodils and tulips planted at Robbins Farm Park last fall!
- Kite Day ——Saturday, April 28th following the Clean-Up
What better way to celebrate the newly clean park than with brightly-colored kites over the Boston skyline.This year, we have a special incentive: families that come out to the Cleanup in the morning will receive a free kite to fly at Kite Day in the afternoon! Easy to make and fly, the 24″ sled kite has a large sail for decorating and comes complete with rods and string. We have a limited number, so we’ll give them out on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Book Signing——Wednesday, May 22th, 7:30pm to 9pm. Join us in the Community room of the Robbins Library in Arlington Center for a spring event not to be missed! Author Oakes Plimpton will be present to talk about and sign copies of the newly expanded and updated version of his definitive history of Robbins Farm and Robbins Farm Park. (Select book for larger image.) Click here to read an excerpt from the book.
- Fundraising Event for “Shakespeare in the Parks”–Thursday, June 7th at 7:00 pm
$25 per person includes hors d’oeuvres, libations, door prizes and a surprise entertainment from the ACA’s Executive Director John Budzyna. At the home of: Oakes Plimpton and Pat Magee
RSVP by June 5th to:: Linda Shoemaker at :781.648.6220 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Independence Day Celebration——- Wednesday, July 4th
On the 4th of July, Arlington will again celebrate America’s birthday in style at Robbins Farm Park. There will be musical entertainment from the John Penny Band (starting at 7:00), refreshments, and of course, the Boston Pops Orchestra and Fireworks on the giant screen (fireworks start at 10:30). The event is free and open to all.
- Shakespeare in the Park ——- Sunday, August 12th at 5 pm
This year’s play will be The Comedie of Errors performed by The New England Shakespeare Festival Shakespeare’s wackiest farce, The Comedie of Errors features two sets of identical twins separated at birth who accidentally end up in the same place at the same time.
Later in the evening be sure to join fellow stargazers to watch the Perseid meteor shower from the Park. The Arlington Recreaton Department has extended the Park closing hours until 12:30am.
- Friday Night Flicks ——-Friday, August 24th, 8pm (Rain Date, August 25th)
Always a favorite for the whole family, our free Friday night movies return again this summer.This year’s film is Fever Pitch, rated PG-13. Lindsay (Barrymore) is stuck in the middle of her relationship with Ben (Fallon) and his passion for the Boston Red Sox.. Light refreshments will be sold.
- Arlington Town Day ——Saturday, September 8th, 10am to 3pm
Come by the FORFP booth and say hello!
- Baseball Night ——Friday, September 14th, 7:05pm
Watch your favorite Boston team on the big screen!
- Annual Field Day ——-Saturday, October 13th, 1pm to 5pm, (Rain date, Oct. 14th) Come to our annual Field Day which will include activities and fun for the whole family
- Fall Clean up Day and Bulb Planting ——-Saturday, November 3rd, 12pm
Join your friends and neighbors to get the park ready for winter (and spring)!
(Details subject to change)